Monday, March 4, 2013

Week 5

I'm finishing up week #5 and feeling like I'm in the best shape that I've been in a long time. The amount of training time each day is already starting to increase. The longest session so far was close to 3 hours (swim/bike). I keep telling myself there aren't enough hours in the day, realizing this is just the beginning. The juggle between family, work and training is starting to become a challenge. Of course this was expected but its hard to plan for until your actually living it. I'm sure there will be more to come on this topic in future blogs.

I finally unwrapped my heart rate monitor (Christmas gift - thanks honey!) and it's very cool. One immediate observation was that my running HR is about 20 BPM more than my cycling HR. I presume, and hope, this is normal...? Also there's an abundance of HR data on my Garmin watch - I need to get with my coaches to understand it all.

I've started running outdoors again which has been awesome to get off the dread-mill...even with a little snow and wind chill it's far better than running indoors IMHO.

- Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment