Thursday, February 28, 2013

4 Weeks Down...


Kicking off week #5 and feeling good. Still getting used to the early rises at 5:30 AM...

I purchased a bike trainer last week for my home gym. First of all, it's awesome to be able to train in my own my home at my convenience. Secondly, it's allowing me to train the right muscles while getting familiar with being in aero position. The recumbent bikes at the gym are not even close to the real thing and can even be counter-productive for a triathlete.

During my swims last week I was started to get foot cramps in the pool after about 1000 yards. I quickly figured out that I was dealing with slight dehydration - likely due to the early morning workouts. I've added in some more electrolytes and extra water into my daily intake which seems to have eliminated the cramping.

Last week I also got out for my first outdoor run. I can't tell you how good it felt even at 32 degrees. There's only so much of the treadmill that one can handle... Is it spring yet?

- Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment