Wednesday, March 6, 2013

With The Support Of My Friends


Time seems to fly by. I cannot believe we already just finished week 5. This week has been a little crazy and I am realizing more and more what I got myself in to. And I mean this in a positive way. Even though it is not easy at times I am sticking to my training plan and routine and I am looking forward seeing more improvement. It is not always easy to say No to my friends especially if I have not seen them in a while. My training is coming first and I have to put my friends second at the moment. I am just very lucky that I have amazing friends. They are all very understanding and are there for me when I need them. They are the ones who tell me yes you can when I think I cannot. They are the ones who also tell me don’t worry about missing the brunch with the girls there will be many more but right now training comes first.

I have to say I already know if it weren’t for my friends I would not push myself to my limits.

This week I also started training with my new Tri Bike and I have to say it has been quite interesting. It seemed like I was pushed back to the beginning and I was getting frustrated about it. I wasn’t as strong on my bike, was recovering from a cold and also struggled with my saddle. But a few days later, some friend time, and a new saddle, things are looking better again. I had a great Sunday late afternoon ride and felt great during and after. It was my first ride over 2 hrs and I can say that I did well even better than I would have expected.

So yes with good friends, some patience and dedication I will be able to accomplish everything and I will be able to push my own limits.

I am looking forward to hopefully also see some change in my running, which I would say I am struggling the most. I cannot wait for better weather to come around the corner and start running outside on a regular basis.

- Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment