Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Week 7 and St. Paddy's Day 5k

 
It is amazing how fast the time is flying by. Mark and I are already about to start week 8 and have just completed another packed week. Week 7 has been quiet the week along with a 3 hrs bike ride as well as our first race as Pacific Team members.
 
This week started off a little weird. I was supposed to head for an outdoor bike ride, which was unfortunately cut short since something went wrong with my back breaks. The good part was though that I was still close to Pacific and I was able to head out for a run with coach Jason instead. It was so nice to finally be able to run outside and also get some good advice from our coach. It is always nice to get feedback and things that you can change and work on for a better outcome in the end.
 
After coming back from our run my bike was already fixed and I was able to still get my bike ride in.
Otherwise this week has been quiet crazy. It felt like a long workweek and training has increased by about two hours. Personally I would have never thought two hours can make such a difference. Even though I am single and do not have children of my own yet it is not always easy to find the time for the full training schedule. Therefore I am always happy to have my schedule for the full week in order to make arrangements just in case if there is something that I will not be able to fit into my schedule.  
 
Other than trying to arrange my schedule each day we had our first 5km race Sunday morning with Team Pacific. It was a tad cold this St Paddy's morning but lots of fun.
 
It was nice running together with fellow pacific members as well as other who wanted to start their day off with a great run. Overall the run was a great way to start the morning and another chance to meet new people who like to run just as much as I do!!!
 
 
 
Looking forward to see what week 8 has to offer!!!!
 
- Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment