Thursday, March 14, 2013


Week 7 here we come!

So things continue to increase. Longer workouts at greater speeds each week. The longest session so far was a 3 hour bike followed by a 30 minute run. The best part was that I not only survived but felt great doing it. I even came in first place out of the group I was riding with (well it was a small group...), but hey who's counting!  It's clear that the bike trainer at home is paying dividends in my ability to ride stronger, more comfortably and for longer periods of time. A few weeks ago it was painful, in many regards, to ride for 60 minutes...now I'm riding for 180 minutes followed by a 30 min 5k run. Wow - I'm thrilled with the progress I'm making!

Diet is becoming critical. Any days I indulge with unhealthy meals and/or booze, I pay for it during the next day's workout. Energy levels are usually down and I don't sleep well...It easily motivates me to only or mostly eat healthy stuff. The Girl Scout cookies came at a bad time this year...

Off to bed, 5am wake up for swim training with coach Jason!!

- Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment