Monday, February 11, 2013

Facing Challenges and a New Bike!!

I just finished my second week of training! The past two weeks have been already very different than from any training that I am personally used to. I am getting used to using Training Peaks which gives me exact information and detail on my daily training routine. It is definitely very helpful to be able to see exactly what I have to do and also give feedback to my coach.

During the first week I already had my first challenge. While getting ready for my run I somehow hurt my leg and was not able to run. Yet I would not let this bother me. Instead of running on the treadmill I decided to do my 90 min run on the elliptical; which worked out perfect.

And how else could it be but during my second week of training we had a tremendous blizzard hitting the tri state area. There goes my run and bike for one day and also my swim. Being snowed in is definitely not much fun but very pretty to look at.

My absolute highlight of this week was my new Tri Bike. I was able to see it, and hopefully be able to first ride it coming next week. Having a tri bike will hopefully make things more comfortable and faster. I am super excited about it and still have the biggest smile on my face.

jeannette bike

Overall I am feeling great today. I took the 10:30 am Computer training class and was able to finish it all without being too exhausted. It is nice to already see a little change in endurance and I am excited to see a bigger change in the long run.

- Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment