Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Getting The Right Fit

Just finished training week # 3. Slowly getting used to training 6 days / week. Training so far has been on low-med intensity at 90-120 minutes per day. I'm already back to my pre-holiday weight and feeling energized.


This week I had a much overdue bike fitting on my Tri bike. The bike had been fitted when I bought it last year from another LBS. However it was quite obvious they were more interested in the sale and less about ideal fit. At PSBR we scheduled a time and it was quite a formal process. When I say formal it included a methodical checklist of measurements from every angle. It was a collaborated effort with support from several other employees, to  validate each measurement. I think just about everything that could be tweaked was adjusted. The aero bars, the seat, shoe clips, etc.


Prior to the fitting I could barely go 60 minutes without a lot of discomfort. Since the fitting I’ve been on a couple of 2-hour rides  with no issue! In a way it's like having a new bike...highly recommend a bike fitting if you have not had one in a while. Should you get a bike fit, don't forget to wear your bike gear (shorts/shoes). You will be peddling for a while.

-Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment